Caring for people with Dementia – Workshop
Practical Approaches to Caring for People with Dementia & Changed Behaviours
A workshop for Enrolled Nurses & Registered Nurses working in Community and Residential Aged Care.
“Enhance your knowledge and experience by registering in this interactive and evidence based dementia workshop held by Australian Integrated Health Services”.
- Overview of dementia
- Recognise and respond to delirium
- Practical approaches to the management of pain in dementia
- Adopting a person centered care approach when working with people with dementia
- The impact of the physical environment in caring for people with dementia
- Understanding the factors which contribute to changed behaviours in dementia
- Framework for assessment and management of changed behaviours
Friday 21st October, 2016
8:15 am – 3:30 pm
University of Melbourne
Level 2 Room 2520
442 Auburn Road
$250 (GST inclusive)
Onsite and street parking available
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided
- Certificate of attendance will be provided and CPD points will be allocated
Please contact Barbara Anne Merrigan for any enquiries or to register for the workshop on
0431 686 838
(VIEW FLYER) Dementia Workshop
Comments are closed.